Part 4 of Enjoying The Christian Walk and Living Without Regret
The Unexpected Benefit of Strong Christian Character and 4 Steps To Strengthening Our Character
We’ve all lived with regret over making decisions that were not honoring to God – but living with regret does not have to be the norm. Today, I want to tell you about 4 people who can look back over certain parts of their lives and not have a since of regret.
These people made good choices, even when it was difficult, and as a result they enjoyed God’s blessing on their lives and enjoyed the good feeling that comes from living without regret. But there is something more – something unexpected that can come from having strong Christian character. There is another reason you and I can live without regret.
In today’s episode:
- 2 Great benefits that can come from strong Christian character
- Protecting our ministry effectiveness: the 2 areas of our character that we should not ignore
- 4 Steps for strengthening our Christian Character
- Part 2 of the missionary interview from the Paris, France area
- Christmas greetings from Bolivia, South America
- We learned from the stories about Daniel, Esther and Joseph that God sometimes opens new opportunities for ministry when we make God honoring character a priority in our lives.
- We saw that right after Paul talks about ministry in Romans 12, he gives examples of having Christian character. There is a good reason for that: If we focus on ministry and ignore our Christian character, then we cannot expect to be effective in ministry.
Protecting our ministry effectiveness: the 2 areas of our character that we should not ignore [15:14]
- Pay attention to the way you treat other people
- Pay attention to the way you treat your personal walk with God
- Decide that your Christian character matters to you
- Evaluate your life compared to Romans 12:9-21 (your strengths and weaknesses?)
- Ask God to help you make changes and expect Him to provide opportunities for change
- Find your fulfilment in serving God