Part 2 of Prepare Now to Make a Difference
Protecting our respect for the Truth of God’s Word is the first line of defense against the attack from our spiritual enemy.
The battle is real. The enemy is serious. But our God is much more powerful! Living with His armor is the key to living in victory. Don’t go through life without wearing the armor. Today, learn how to live with the Belt of Truth on.
In today’s episode:
- 2 Important facts you should know about our spiritual enemy
- The Devil’s background, strategy, limitation and future
- 4 steps for living with God’s protection: the Belt of Truth
- Interview about short-term missions with Wayne and Nancy Reigel
1st Fact about our enemy: He is serious about doing damage [01:56]
We know our enemy is serious about doing damage because:
- He takes the time to come up with schemes; he is tricky and crafty.
- Genesis 3:1 – Satan questioned God’s Word.
- 2 Corinthians [11:14] – Appears as an angel of light
We know our enemy is serious about doing damage because: [03:01]
- We see the results of his very effective system that plays on our weakness.
- Ephesians 6: 12 – He has a large, well-organized group of fallen angels that work for him. This organization has brought him a lot of success.
Examples: Satan has had success with …
- those who were dedicated to God from birth (Samson’s story in Judges 13-16)
- those who had a parent involved in ministry (the priest Eli and his sons, 1 Samuel 2-3)
- even the wisest man who ever lived! (Solomon, 1 Kings 11) Even his heart was turned away from God.
No one is immune to being targeted by the enemy.
2nd Fact about our enemy: He is not in total control [06:13]
Ephesians [6:13] With God it is possible to stand firm!
Reminders for us that Satan is not in total control:
- He was cast out of heaven by God (Ezekiel [28:12]-13, Isaiah [14:12]-15, Luke [10:18]
- He has to submit to God’s limitations on how far he can go in hurting people (Job 1)
- We see Jesus casting out demons, and others who cast them out in Jesus’s name (New Testament)
- One day, God will put Satan away forever! (Revelation [20:10])
The first area of attack is against our respect for the truth of God’s Word, so the armor we need is the Belt of Truth (Ephesians 6:14) [08:58]
Steps for living with the Belt of Truth:
Example from King Josiah [10:55]
- Allow it to command our attention (2 Kings 22:10) [11:40]
- Allow it to move us emotionally (2 Kings 22: 11-19) [12:46]
- Seek God (2 Kings 22: 13) Find out how this truth applies to our life and circumstances. [14:31]
- Allow God’s truth to move us to action (2 Kings 23:1-25) [16:49]
King Josiah dedicated himself to following God and then led his people to do the same. He made major changes in the land. Because Josiah decided that the truth of God’s Word would command his highest respect, he was able to have good judgment to make the right choices. And that is what the Belt of Truth can do for us in life!